Speicherfehler

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
otto24
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux

Speicherfehler

Post by otto24 »

Hallo,

ich habe die aktuelle VirtualBox Version unter Win10pro auf einem Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny (Intel i5 6500T, Intel HD 530, 16 GB Ram) mit einer VM (Linux, HomeAssistant) laufen.

Seit kurzem bekomme ich diese Fehlermeldung nach einer gewissen Zeit wenn ich mit dem Remotedesktop von meinem Hauptrechner (Win10pro) aus auf den Lenovo Client mit der VM zugreife:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (17.49 KiB) Viewed 10238 times
Ignoriere ich das Fenster, läuft die VM unauffällig weiter. Klicke ich jedoch auf OK oder schließe es, wird der VM sofort der Stecker gezogen.

Es könnte sein, dass ein Grafikkarten-Treiberupdate in den fraglichen Zeitraum fällt, als das Problem das erste mal auftrat. Da hatte ich die Grafiktreiber welche Windows selbst installiert hatte durch jene von Lenovo ersetzt.

Bin für jeden Rat dankbar.

Grüße :-)
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Speicherfehler

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please provide the VM log and hardening log files. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" and "VBoxHardening.log" (no other files) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
otto24

Post by otto24 »

Ok, anbei die Log-Files

Was ich noch sagen kann, nach weiteren Versuchen tritt der Fehler immer dann auf, wenn ich mich mit Windows Remotedesktop mit dem Client (Lenovo) neu verbinde, vorher nicht.
Attachments
vboxHardening.zip
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
vbox.zip
(50.45 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

otto24 wrote: 26. Oct 2023, 15:54 Was ich noch sagen kann, nach weiteren Versuchen tritt der Fehler immer dann auf, wenn ich mich mit Windows Remotedesktop mit dem Client (Lenovo) neu verbinde, vorher nicht.
Microsoft Remote Desktop has a USB redirect function. If you research how to turn it off, does MS RDP interfere with Virtualbox USB?
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

FWIW, the crash happened in a thread named Aud0Wr01, which is audio related.
otto24

Post by otto24 »

So you mean I should try to change or disable the VMs audio device?
Screenshot_120.jpg
Screenshot_120.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 10193 times

@scottgus1
At the moment I cant find a good solution to deactivate the Microsoft Remote Desktop USB redirect function.
And aquestion - what will after deactivation not work anymore?
fth0
Volunteer

Post by fth0 »

otto24 wrote: 26. Oct 2023, 17:37 So you mean I should try to change or disable the VMs audio device?
For a test, I'd suggest to disable the VM's audio device completely, and perhaps also disable audio in the RDP connection if possible. If the crash no longer happens, you can try and selectively re-enable parts of the audio chain.
otto24

Post by otto24 »

Ok, I will try that. :-)

That I doesnt have installed the VB Extension Pack can't be the problem?
I have seen that just now.
otto24

Post by otto24 »

Some tests later...

When I deactivate audio for the VM, then no error occours anymore. Thanks for the hint to a solution.

But what is the problem or can I fix that so audio is possible?
fth0
Volunteer

Post by fth0 »

The crash happened in VirtualBox's audio backend (host-side implementation), so it could be related to the RDP connection, the host audio integration, the virtual audio device for the guest, or all three of them. You can only try to find out by experiments what triggers the crash. We're interested to hear what you'll find out. ;)