whats my windows entery PIN?

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
DORF

whats my windows entery PIN?

Post by DORF »

Im trying to input my windows key license inside the VM but a log the way it asks for the windows pc PIN...

I never chose one and It always opens the windows without any PIN.

Do i still have one? where can I find it ?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: whats my windows entery PIN?

Post by mpack »

These are VirtualBox forums. We here have no special knowledge regarding passwords and pins in Windows. Please address your Windows support questions to Microsoft.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

If this is a new VM and you used the automatic install option in the Create Virtual Machine wizard, and you did not change the username and password textboxes, then the username should be "vboxuser" and password is "changeme". https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization ... 20Windows).

There should be a way in Windows to switch from entering a PIN to using a password, web-search how to do this.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I really don't want to get into Windows support questions here, but...

In fact it can be quite hard to stop latest Windows 11 versions insisting on a PIN. Be aware that a PIN is different from a password in that the PIN identifies the individual, not the persons access rights. The idea is designed to let you use the Microsoft cloud from multiple devices. But since I don't give a rats ass about the MS cloud this is not something I want. If like me you want a traditional password to stop casual passers-by using your PC then the only solutions I've found are (a) revert to Windows 10, and (b) do not log in using a Microsoft Account - create a local account only. Now there is no "cloud" that you need PIN access for.

Details in Google.