USB ERROR VERR_SHARING_VIOLATION

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Fra0024

USB ERROR VERR_SHARING_VIOLATION

Post by Fra0024 »

Hi, I just purchased a vocal registrator that has a internal program whom works only on windows so I downloaded Virtualbox and I followed the tutorial to make sure the USB is accepted but it says error impossible to connect to the device Philips voice tracer
Failed to create a proxy device and some error codes. What can I do?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: USB ERROR VERR_SHARING_VIOLATION

Post by scottgus1 »

If I remember correctly, and you're also using a Ventura Mac, you have to run Virtualbox via "sudo" to see USB for now. It's a glitch the devs and Apple are working on.

Open a terminal and run:

sudo Virtualbox
Fra0024

Post by Fra0024 »

Sorry I’m on a basic level I don’t know how to download a Terminal so I don’t know either how to run sudo virtualbox. There is a tutorial somewhere?
Fra0024

Post by Fra0024 »

I’ve done what you suggested terminal and sudo vb, still nothing. I don’t understand why Philips did a device who works only with windows they told me to download a windows emulator. I have to return the device, too bad I really need it and there is not a IOS corrispettive. Thank you for your help
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

That's too bad! I'm sorry it didn't work. I'm no Mac guru, maybe someone else might have an idea.

USB basics and troubleshooting may also help. You may need a local friend to help interpret it.