The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
hack3rcon

The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll

Post by hack3rcon »

Hello,
I installed the Binary Ninja in the Windows 7, but when I want to run it, then I showed me The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located error, rename the dxgi.dll error. I copied the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll files from C:\Windows\System32 folder into the Binary Ninja folder, but the problem was not solved.
How to solve it?

Thank you.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll

Post by scottgus1 »

That error is coming from Binary Ninja, not from Virtualbox. However, if anything can be done in Virtualbox, it would be this:

Run 7.0.something, as the goal with 7.0 is to support DirectX 11. (Note that there may be more development needed to complete this goal, so DX11 may not be all there yet.)

Enable 3D acceleration in the VM's Display settings and use maximum video RAM.

Install the 7.0.something's matching Guest Additions in the VM, along with 3D support, if the option is asked.

Once you have matching Guest Additions and 3D acceleration running in the VM, that's as far as Virtualbox can take you. If the Ninja does not ninj at that point, then the app cannot be run inside a stock Virtualbox VM.

Note that there could be some settings inside the app, such as not using hardware video acceleration, which may allow the app to run. Also, try OpenGL3 software render:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101304&p=491848#p491844

Curiously, the error, if transcribed correctly, says to "rename the dxgi.dll" not "copy the dxgi.dll". Perhaps this is some kind of workaround the app knows about? Try the app's help channels.
hack3rcon

Re: The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll

Post by hack3rcon »

scottgus1 wrote: 19. Aug 2023, 13:22 That error is coming from Binary Ninja, not from Virtualbox. However, if anything can be done in Virtualbox, it would be this:

Run 7.0.something, as the goal with 7.0 is to support DirectX 11. (Note that there may be more development needed to complete this goal, so DX11 may not be all there yet.)

Enable 3D acceleration in the VM's Display settings and use maximum video RAM.

Install the 7.0.something's matching Guest Additions in the VM, along with 3D support, if the option is asked.

Once you have matching Guest Additions and 3D acceleration running in the VM, that's as far as Virtualbox can take you. If the Ninja does not ninj at that point, then the app cannot be run inside a stock Virtualbox VM.

Note that there could be some settings inside the app, such as not using hardware video acceleration, which may allow the app to run. Also, try OpenGL3 software render:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101304&p=491848#p491844

Curiously, the error, if transcribed correctly, says to "rename the dxgi.dll" not "copy the dxgi.dll". Perhaps this is some kind of workaround the app knows about? Try the app's help channels.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I renamed the dxgi.dll file to d3d11.dll and downloaded the Mesa3D For Windows and coped opengl32.dll file into the Binary Ninja folder, but the problem exists.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

And you confirmed that 3D acceleration and max video RAM and matching Guest Additions are in the VM too?
hack3rcon

Post by hack3rcon »

scottgus1 wrote: 19. Aug 2023, 14:10 And you confirmed that 3D acceleration and max video RAM and matching Guest Additions are in the VM too?
Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
During the installation of VirtualBox Guest Additions, I didn't disable any option.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Let's see a log please:

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)