Failed to start virtual machine from saved state

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
daveungerer@gmail.com

Failed to start virtual machine from saved state

Post by daveungerer@gmail.com »

Just got the following error while trying to restore a virtual machine from saved state:

Unable to restore the virtual machine's saved state from '/Users/daveungerer/Library/VirtualBox/Machines/XP/Snapshots/{595e9fe2-05f7-4363-a519-f66ef0945eaa}.sav'. It may be damaged or from an older version of VirtualBox. Please discard the saved state before starting the virtual machine.
VBox status code: -1825 (VERR_SSM_LOAD_CONFIG_MISMATCH).

Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {e3c6d4a1-a935-47ca-b16d-f9e9c496e53e}

I'm still using the same version. Any ideas if this could be a bug in VirtualBox?
geraldkfriedrich

Also the same problem

Post by geraldkfriedrich »

Dear Dave,

I have the same problem.
Did you know what the problem is ?

Best wishes
cdmonline

Post by cdmonline »

I also had the same problem for my Solaris VMs. I had to delete them completely and am now in the process of re-installing Solaris from Scratch.

The VMs were perfectly useable BEFORE I upgraded VirtualBox. As the error message points out, it seems that the upgrade to 2.1.0 might be the cause.

- CDM
timothybythesea

Post by timothybythesea »

cdmonline wrote:I also had the same problem for my Solaris VMs. I had to delete them completely and am now in the process of re-installing Solaris from Scratch.

The VMs were perfectly useable BEFORE I upgraded VirtualBox. As the error message points out, it seems that the upgrade to 2.1.0 might be the cause.

- CDM
I fretted about upgrading VirtualBox this morning. It was working perfectly just like your until I tried to fix something that wasn't broke! Now each time I try to restore a saved setting I get the error message. Does anyone have any idea how I should go about fixing the problem?

Unable to restore the virtual machine's saved state from '/home/latt1/.VirtualBox/Machines/My XP Machine/Snapshots/{b02ecd3c-2f2a-4cbd-9bc0-51cf5706baa1}.sav'. It may be damaged or from an older version of VirtualBox. Please discard the saved state before starting the virtual machine (VERR_SSM_LOAD_CONFIG_MISMATCH).

Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {e3c6d4a1-a935-47ca-b16d-f9e9c496e53e}