Unexpected error while launching Windows 11 VM on M1 Pro mac

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Demianeen

Unexpected error while launching Windows 11 VM on M1 Pro mac

Post by Demianeen »

I follow the guide from TopNotchProgrammer to download and launch Windows 11 on my MacBook Pro using VirtualBox (it does not allow me to post links). In the end, when we already can launch the VM, I did this but caught an unexpected error when Windows was loading. Error told me to post questions here and attach the logs. So I did this. What to do next?
Attachments
Logs.zip
(194.92 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Unexpected error while launching Windows 11 VM on M1 Pro mac

Post by mpack »

See the sticky at the top of this forum: M1/M2 Mac 7.0 Beta Status.

There is no way anybody has ever got Windows 11 to run as a VirtualBox VM on an M1/M2 CPU (*). I note that even in his video he does not show Windows 11 running, he doesn't even show a completed installation - he only shows the installer barely starting. The nature of the video clearly calls out for a demo of VM performance, so he could hardly have been unaware of this shortcoming. None of the comments on his video are from people who successfully followed his instructions. I therefore conclude that TopNotchProgrammer's tutorial video is fake, and I would therefore treat his other videos with great suspicion too.

(*) Win11 requires a high end Intel CPU, there's no way anybody got it to run on an emulated single core CPU.