W11 unatended install stalled/stopped

Temporary forum to discuss issues and problems during a VirtualBox Beta or Release Candidate phase.
AndyCot

W11 unatended install stalled/stopped

Post by AndyCot »

I am trying to install Windows 11 using an unattended install with the "--tpm-type 2.0" option and it looks like it has stalled with a blank (dark purple/bluish) screen. It's been like this for the last 20 minutes and will check it after lunch to see if it has progressed any.

Should W11 with "--tpm-type 2.0" install using an unattended install?
AndyCot

Re: W11 unatended install stalled/stopped

Post by AndyCot »

Finally after about 5 goes I have been able to manually install Windows 11.

Looks like you need to get the options just right to install W11 and if you are out on one of the options it will not work. Sorry, but free Oracle support is not my job.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: VirtualBox+Oracle ExtPack
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

From the 7.0 beta announcement, documentation for 7.0 is not complete yet.
AndyCot wrote:free Oracle support is not my job.
This forum is supported by free Virtualbox users who wish to help for free. If you don't want to help, don't post.

https://xkcd.com/1216/
AndyCot

Post by AndyCot »

I am not going to spend my time figuring out which combination of options are causing the issue.

If you do not want reports of issues then as you have requested I will now stop reporting issues I have found.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

> Looks like you need to get the options just right to install W11 and if you are out on one of the options it will not work. Sorry, but free Oracle support is not my job.

BETA testing of open-source projects is a hobby, but it's a two-way street. On one hand I do this job for free, on the other hand I enjoy using better-quality open-source software all around, be it Linux, LibreOffice, VirtualBox or other software.

---

as for Windows 11, I have the USB stick, but not the DVD ISO file.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: VirtualBox+Oracle ExtPack
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

AndyCot wrote:If you do not want reports of issues then as you have requested I will now stop reporting issues I have found.
Did you not see the xkcd? We're happy to have your bug reports, we don't want your snark. Keep your words welcoming and we will welcome your reports.

Report your bugs sans snark and you will be thanked.