*VirtualBox 6.0.x is supported!

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
vboxme

*VirtualBox 6.0.x is supported!

Post by vboxme »

On this page: (6.0 download page. Can't post urls first post...) it states "VirtualBox 6.0.x is no longer supported!" in red letters. I'm assuming this is some kind of carryover formatting error related to the "VirtualBox 5.2.x is no longer supported!" dialogue on (5.2 download page)

Probably an easy fix. Have a great day! :D
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: *VirtualBox 6.0.x is supported!

Post by scottgus1 »

I'm guessing you're referring to https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_6_0.

That's not a formatting error: 6.0 is truly no longer supported.

Not being supported merely means no further versions will be released and no bugs will be fixed. The unsupported versions still work just fine if they used to work just fine . My production host still runs 6.0.14, and my old Windows 7 media server has 5.2.something on it.

The big change from 6.0 to 6.1 was the removal of non-hardware-vitualization-technology operation (VT-x/AMD-V). Formerly, host computers without this feature could run one-processor 32-bit VMs. From 6.1 onward all VMs require active VT-x/AMD-V. Fortunately, most if not all of the new computers of the last decade have VT-x/AMD-V, so this change does not cause trouble for the vast majority of users. 6.0 & earlier can still be run on the older computers.
vboxme

Re: *VirtualBox 6.0.x is supported!

Post by vboxme »

consider me corrected! thank you! :)