[Solved]I can not open Package Contents of virtual box

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Wozap

[Solved]I can not open Package Contents of virtual box

Post by Wozap »

Please help, I can not open it, there is no in the selection menu, the contents of the package for disabling the retina screen resolution as in the instructions(1. On the macOS host, configure the VirtualBoxVM process to "Open in low resolution": Open a Finder window, navigate to the Applications folder, right-click on VirtualBox, select "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents > Resources, right-Click on VirtualBoxVM, select "Get Info", and select "Open in low resolution" in the "Get Info" window.

2. In the VM configuration, set Display > Scale Factor to 100%.

3. Start the VM and try using it in a window (normal mode, not fullscreen mode) first.)

It happened after the computer was updated and then downgraded.
Last edited by Wozap on 17. Jun 2021, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: I can not open Package Contents of virtual box

Post by scottgus1 »

Wozap wrote:It happened after the computer was updated and then downgraded.
Virtualbox rarely survives a host upgrade, let alone a downgrade thereafter. You will probably have to uninstall then reinstall Virtualbox.
Wozap

Post by Wozap »

scottgus1 wrote:
Wozap wrote:It happened after the computer was updated and then downgraded.
Virtualbox rarely survives a host upgrade, let alone a downgrade thereafter. You will probably have to uninstall then reinstall Virtualbox.
reinstalled did not help. Maybe I misinterpreted what I meant.
https://yadi.sk/i/fYwitIXVTEuPNg
https://yadi.sk/i/nj0okozRLc1RGQ
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

The first screenshot is right-clicking the VM's vdi disk file. Virtualbox has no commands to open a .vdi. What do you want to do with the vdi file?

The second screenshot shows an attempt to open a .VMwarevm file. As you can probably guess we won't be able to help with that one, it being a VMware file... :lol:
Wozap

Post by Wozap »

scottgus1 wrote:The first screenshot is right-clicking the VM's vdi disk file. Virtualbox has no commands to open a .vdi. What do you want to do with the vdi file?

The second screenshot shows an attempt to open a .VMwarevm file. As you can probably guess we won't be able to help with that one, it being a VMware file... :lol:
I want to follow the procedure as they advised me to do in this topic "viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99908" so that the screen does not slow down.

wmware gave as an example.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

I suspect this is the post you're trying: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99908&start=15#p487604
fth0 wrote:1. On the macOS host, configure the VirtualBoxVM process to "Open in low resolution": Open a Finder window, navigate to the Applications folder, right-click on VirtualBox, select "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents > Resources, right-Click on VirtualBoxVM, select "Get Info", and select "Open in low resolution" in the "Get Info" window.

3. Start the VM and try using it in a window (normal mode, not fullscreen mode) first.
I emphasized the important part that is being missed. The Application folder is where Virtualbox is installed, not where the VM files are stored.
Wozap

Post by Wozap »

scottgus1 wrote:I suspect this is the post you're trying: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99908&start=15#p487604
fth0 wrote:1. On the macOS host, configure the VirtualBoxVM process to "Open in low resolution": Open a Finder window, navigate to the Applications folder, right-click on VirtualBox, select "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents > Resources, right-Click on VirtualBoxVM, select "Get Info", and select "Open in low resolution" in the "Get Info" window.

3. Start the VM and try using it in a window (normal mode, not fullscreen mode) first.
I emphasized the important part that is being missed. The Application folder is where Virtualbox is installed, not where the VM files are stored.
Thank you so much! That I did not think correctly.