problem installing in windows 2003 server

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
u2madhav

problem installing in windows 2003 server

Post by u2madhav »

Dear all,
I am facing an issue trying to install the latest version. I get the following error when I try to install VirtualBox 2.0.6 on windows 2003 server setup is saying that "Sun xVM VirtualBox setup ended permaturely because of an error. You system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again. Click the finish Button to exit the setup Wizard." when i press the finish button setup will be close. Please HELP ME. I really need that.
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

u2madhav, please see the Forum Posting Guide for help finding info on the forums and provide us the info we need to help you.

Welcome to the forum btw :).
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
veles88

Post by veles88 »

I had no problem what so ever. But ive installed virtualbox on a fresh installation of XP so i didn't have time to fill it with junk :).

I have other question. As i installed 2k3 server i would like to have 1 more guest installed. I want wirtual client and server. But as i started both virtual guests i can see that they have same IP assigned be DHCP. So my question is can they see each other in that "virtual network of theirs" if i understand correctly virtual machines are behind the router so if those my 2 virtual host are in the same network they should see each other, right?

I need this to play and learn configuring w2k3 server
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

veles88 wrote:I had no problem what so ever. But ive installed virtualbox on a fresh installation of XP so i didn't have time to fill it with junk :).

I have other question. As i installed 2k3 server i would like to have 1 more guest installed. I want wirtual client and server. But as i started both virtual guests i can see that they have same IP assigned be DHCP. So my question is can they see each other in that "virtual network of theirs" if i understand correctly virtual machines are behind the router so if those my 2 virtual host are in the same network they should see each other, right?

I need this to play and learn configuring w2k3 server
You probably set the NIC to be attached to NAT. With NAT, they won't be aware of other machines, thus can have the same IP. If you want to do some fun stuff with Windows Server, add a second NIC to it, set it to Internal Networking, change the XP Guest from NAT to Internal Networking and let the server route the internet that is obtained from it's NAT connection for the XP Guest.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.