guest additions not working properly

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
abu.almozon

guest additions not working properly

Post by abu.almozon »

hi all ,
i have oracle linux 6 os virtualbox guest on one of arch based host , before last update for virtualbox it was working good , after last update of virtualbox the guest additions not working properly , i can see shared folder but the size of the guest is small as if the guest is not installed.
i updated the guest os , reinstalled guest additions nothing changed.
any suggestions?
thank you all.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: guest additions not working properly

Post by scottgus1 »

abu.almozon wrote:i can see shared folder but the size of the guest is small as if the guest is not installed.
Please explain this some more. I don't understand how a shared folder set through Guest Additions can tell one the size of the guest. GASFs are only for file transfer, and only enable seeing a host folder, not anything in the guest, let alone how large the guest is.
abu.almozon

Post by abu.almozon »

the size of the machine doesn't go bigger
https://ibb.co/L9x0Fxr
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Sorry, but an obscure link to a strange 3rd-party site does not an explanation make.

Please explain so we can understand just by reading here. If the link was to a screenshot, post your screenshot using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Crop & resize to fit under the forum's 128kB size limit for uploaded attachments.
abu.almozon

Post by abu.almozon »

scottgus1 wrote:Sorry, but an obscure link to a strange 3rd-party site does not an explanation make.

Please explain so we can understand just by reading here. If the link was to a screenshot, post your screenshot using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Crop & resize to fit under the forum's 128kB size limit for uploaded attachments.

first of all , you don't speak correct English , secondly , if you don't understand you don't have to answer .
thank you anyway.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Abusing the people that help you will not help your cause. In any case Scott is a native English speaker, as am I. Apparantly you are not. If you can't properly express yourself or understand responses in technical English then perhaps you should post in your own language and we can use a translation service.

Continuing.

Please provide information using local attachments, and the first thing you should provide is a zipped VM log. A picture of the VM desktop doesn't really tell us how it got that way, a VM log will.

With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.