[Fixed] Fedora 31 is now GA - Need link to repo

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
didierg
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Fedora & Windows

[Fixed] Fedora 31 is now GA - Need link to repo

Post by didierg »

Hi,

Fedora 31 is now GA and VirtualBox-6.0-6.0.14_133895_fedora29-1.x86_64 works fine with kernel-5.3.8-300.fc31.x86_64 and previous.

Could you please create the link to the repo for this version ?

Thanks for your job.
Last edited by socratis on 1. Nov 2019, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Fixed].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Fedora 31 is now GA - Need link to repo

Post by socratis »

didierg wrote:Fedora 31 is now GA
GA? What's a "GA"? Because around here is close to the Guest Additions... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
didierg

Post by didierg »

Since decades and for people working in computers world GA means General Availability
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

didierg wrote:Since decades and for people working in computers world GA means General Availability
I've been a programmer for decades, including retail products, and I've never used or heard that term. Beta versions are called "betas". Release versions are called "releases". That kind of term is probably a marketing buzzword.
fth0
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

mpack wrote:Release versions are called "releases".
General Availability is the second stage of a software release (after Release To Manufacturing). This distinction is needed in larger software companies like Microsoft. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... life_cycle for a more detailed explanation. The term is often used in software release announcements, which is marketing as you say. ;)

The term General Availability can be found in quite old announcements like Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 announcement (1996) or IBM DOS 5.0 announcement (1991), when it was not as popular as today.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I must say that I'm on the same boat as 'mpack' here, can't say that I remember the term "General Availability". I do recognize all the other terms in that Wikipedia article except the "GA" and the "RTW" (Release To Web).

Back to the original problem... 'didierg' can you try again?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
didierg

Post by didierg »

Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.0, the latest release of the world’s most popular free and open source, cross-platform virtualization software. This release provides tight integration with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, enabling organizations and developers to more easily and flexibly create applications on premises and deploy to the cloud with a few clicks.
https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization ... -available

As you can see, the term "general availability" is even used by Oracle about VirtualBox !

So to come back to the question, Fedora 31 is now in General Availability or released, as you want, and users need the link to the repo for this version.
Last edited by didierg on 1. Nov 2019, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I couldn't care less if it's used or not by Oracle. *I* was not using that term, *I* was asking for an explanation, not Oracle. We've cleared that part already.

Now, are you keep on going on about the "General Availability" thing, or are you actually going to try the repo? Did you try again as asked?
didierg

Post by didierg »

I just tried again.

Fedora 31 can now access to the virtuabox repo.

Thanks for your job.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Marking as [Fixed].