VirtualBox 6.0.12 does not work anymore since Hyper-V was installed

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
jmar83_the2nd

VirtualBox 6.0.12 does not work anymore since Hyper-V was installed

Post by jmar83_the2nd »

..and so i know VirtualBox 6.0.x should run together with Hyper-V without any problems??

I used that command "DISM.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V /NoRestart", then restarted Win10 host system and after the next start, the VMs won't start anymore.

Für die virtuelle Maschine windows server 2003 x32 konnte keine neue Sitzung eröffnet werden.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Fehlercode:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Komponente:ConsoleWrap
Interface:IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
...and also the same problem when i select "Hyper-V" on paravirtualization settings. (Default value was: "predefined" (In my german GUI: "voreingestellt"))

Why it does not work together? On https://superuser.com/questions/1299022 ... ysical-nic and many other texts i read it works togther. But it works NOT.

How to solve that issue? (I wanna try using the virtual network adapters of Hyper-V in VirtualBox, because of that i need it!) Thank you for your feedbacks! :-)
regards, jan
jmar83_the2nd

Re: VirtualBox 6.0.12 does not work anymore since Hyper-V was installed

Post by jmar83_the2nd »

"bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off" seems to work for bypassing the problem: https://github.com/kubernetes/minikube/issues/4587
regards, jan
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Correct.Enabling Hyper-V blocks most VirtualBox guests because the hypervisor loads at boot time. Hyper-V can still use VT-x/AMD-V through the hypervisor but other programs like VirtualBox cannot. Preventing the hypervisor from loading allows VirtualBox to work (but prevents Hyper-V guests from running).
Bill
jmar83_the2nd

Post by jmar83_the2nd »

Thank you for your feedback.
regards, jan
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

jmar83_the2nd wrote:i know VirtualBox 6.0.x should run together with Hyper-V without any problems??
Not true. It's an experimental feature, and we still don't know in which cases it works. I have yet to see a successful one.

That includes the article you linked to, I didn't see a successful co-existence...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jmar83_the2nd

Post by jmar83_the2nd »

Thank you for your feedback.
regards, jan