You will shortly be able to download the binaries here. Please use sha256sum to compare the hash of the downloaded package with the corresponding hash from this list.
Please do NOT open bug reports at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker but use our VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting regressions since VirtualBox 6.0.12.
VirtualBox 6.1 will be a new minor release. Here is an incomplete list of changes since version 6.0:
- Implemented support for importing a virtual machine from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Extended support for exporting a virtual machine to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, allowing the creation of multiple virtual machines without re-uploading.
- Also added option to export a VM to the cloud using the more efficient variant "paravirtialized"
- Virtualization core: support for nested hardware-virtualization on Intel CPUs (starting with 5th generation Core i, codename Broadwell)
- Graphics: new style 3D support (with VBoxSVGA and VMSVGA) remains, old style 3D support (with VBoxVGA) has been completely removed
- GUI: Improved the VISO creation and file manager dialogs
- GUI: Virtual machine list of VirtualBox Manager was improved. Machine groups are now more obvious visually and VM search functionality has been improved. Global Tools element can now be pinned in place, to avoid scrolling it with rest of machine list
- GUI: Virtual machine details pane is now extended with embedded editors for certain VM attributes which we decided as the most important, allowing user to edit them on-the-fly by clicking corresponding hyper-links without opening VM settings dialog
- GUI: Internal medium enumeration routines were optimized to reduce the load and optimize the performance in cases when user have lots of media registered. Also, we again allowed to add existing media (and create new) via Virtual Media Manager
- GUI: VM storage settings page was adjusted a bit in usability regard. User is now allowed to change controller bus type and can move attachments between the controllers by using drag and drop
- GUI/Input: Added a new soft (virtual) keyboard enabling keyboard inputs to guests
- GUI: Improved and extended the Session Information dialog
- Input: Added support for horizontal scrolling in the PS/2 mouse device using the IntelliMouse Explorer protocol. Note that this support is automatically used by Linux guests but not by Windows guests
- vboximg-mount: Experimental support for direct read-only access to NTFS, FAT and ext2/3/4 filesystems inside a disk image without the need for support on the host