Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on (#18922)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Niel Buys

Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on (#18922)

Post by Niel Buys »

ModEdit; related ticket: #18922: Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on
When opening Excel 2019 when the VBoxSVGA setting is set Excel only shows white screen. When opening files the Excel do not start at all. See attached screenshot of the blank screen.

When setting my setting to Vboxvga Excel works normal. I was thinking of going over to VBoxSVGA because some of the icons do not show correctly under Vboxvga. But if Excel do not work on VBoxSVGA I can't enable that setting.

Before I create a bug is anybody else having the same problem.

Virtualbox v6.0.10 installed via apt repository
v6.0.10 Windows Guest Additions Installed
Host: Ubuntu 18.04 fully updated
Client: Windows 10 fully updated

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Virtualbox Win 10-2019-09-11-11-29-44.log.zip
(27.11 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Excel Not Working with vboxsvga setting.PNG
Excel Not Working with vboxsvga setting.PNG (21.71 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
Last edited by Niel Buys on 11. Sep 2019, 11:32, edited 4 times in total.
Niel Buys

Re: Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on

Post by Niel Buys »

After update to VirtualBox 6.0.12 I started receiving message that VBoxVGA will be removed from VirtualBox v6.1.

I tested I still can't open Excel on VirtualBox v6.0.12.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on

Post by mpack »

You need to provide a log. Your report will be ignored without that. Also it is normal to have a discussion in the forums before raising a ticket on Bugtracker.
Niel Buys

Re: Excel 2019 do not open with vboxsvga setting on

Post by Niel Buys »

Thanks @mpack that was my plan. I created the discussion a month ago, but because there was no replies I created a ticket.

I will research how to get the logs from my VirtualBox and upload them. I found Yesterday another post with exactly the same problem viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94585 and he provided logs. And I provided to that post the issue link as well.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on (#18922)

Post by socratis »

I added the ticket information to the title and the first post. I also corrected all instances of "vboxsvga" to "VBoxSVGA"...
Niel Buys wrote:with exactly the same problem
Then you shouldn't have opened a new ticket, you should have added your case/findings (including the log) to the discussion in the already existing ticket, #18914: VBoxSVGA 3D rendering problems.
Niel Buys wrote:and he provided logs
Here's the thing... Unless you have a twin hardware system with the OP, and unless you mirrored the hard drive of the OP, your log is definitely going to look different. So, follow the advice from 'mpack' and post the log. It provides further information that can help the developers pinpoint the issue.

I'm going to suggest that your ticket be closed as a [Duplicate], so take that opportunity and upload your log in ticket #18914.

Help the developers help you, by not creating additional load... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Niel Buys

Re: Excel 2019 do not open with VBoxSVGA setting on (#18922)

Post by Niel Buys »

Thanks I added my log file to https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/18914