[Solved] Android Unable to boot on VBox

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Android Unable to boot on VBox

Post by socratis »

This post doesn't belong to the "Other Hosts" section but in the "Other Guests" one.

You need to select an appropriate template for your VM. Delete the VM including all its files (you got nothing to lose) and create a new VM, where the template should be "Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x (64 bit). Try again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lewbacca
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Lite Linux

Post by lewbacca »

Done the "Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x (64 bit)" settings, but no luck....
:(
Attachments
VBoxAndroidNotWorking2.png
VBoxAndroidNotWorking2.png (39.44 KiB) Viewed 14003 times
VBoxAndroidNotWorking.png
VBoxAndroidNotWorking.png (15.09 KiB) Viewed 14003 times
VBox.zip
(150 Bytes) Downloaded 59 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

The VBox.log that you included is empty, a 0-byte file. Please try again...

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lewbacca

Post by lewbacca »

:arrow: Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
:arrow: With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
:arrow: Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(26.65 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I downloaded "android-x86_64-8.1-r2.iso" from https://www.android-x86.org/download and followed the instructions in their VirtualBox How To. CPU is at 100%, but it works.
00:00:02.218304 VMSVGA3dEnabled    <integer> = 0x0000000000000000 (0)
00:00:02.218305 VMSVGAPciId        <integer> = 0x0000000000000001 (1)
00:00:02.218306 VRamSize           <integer> = 0x0000000001000000 (16 777 216, 16 MB)
Note that you have the VMSVGA selected as your Graphics Controller, while they recommend the VBoxVGA (the older one). Shut down the VM. Go to the VM Settings » Display » Screen. Change the Graphics controller from "VMSVGA" to "VBoxVGA". Enable 3D acceleration. Increase the VRAM to the max 128 MB.

Other than that your log looks identical to mine...
lewbacca

Post by lewbacca »

socratis wrote:Go to the VM Settings » Display » Screen. Change the Graphics controller from "VMSVGA" to "VBoxVGA". Enable 3D acceleration. Increase the VRAM to the max 128 MB.
It worked!

Thanks a lot

SOLVED :D
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Glad I could help. Marking as [Solved].