Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Silentstorm

Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Post by Silentstorm »

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine temp.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
I have a amd fx-4300 if that helps with things. I get this message on every vm so i don't think its a guest issue. If you want more details, just ask. I'll gladly provide them to the best of my ability
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Getting a VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED on every vm

Post by scottgus1 »

See I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests Carefully go through each command in the 2nd & 3rd posts. Based on my perusal of successful fixes for this problem, the silver bullet appears to be the "bcdedit" command & complete power-down in post 2 point 1.
Silentstorm

Post by Silentstorm »

I'm still getting the exact same message. I'mma just run this type of stuff on linux as virtualbox seems to actually work on it
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Silentstorm wrote:virtualbox seems to actually work on...
...Windows 10 as well, we just have to force Windows to stop using Hyper-V by default. Microsoft's Hyper-V hogs the VT-x/AMD/V capabilities of the host and won't let other children play. Microsoft has also rolled out a million new things in Windows that use Hyper-V. So this leaves Virtualbox users having to work around that situation.
Silentstorm wrote:I'm still getting the exact same message.
After reading my post I would expect you to. But after trying the things in the link I would have expected something different, as many others have discovered. Maybe you could elucidate what you actually did? We might see if you missed a step.

If you wish to not bother anymore, please say so and we'll press on to other posters.