Compatibility between vertion/build of Windows and VBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
RustyPuma

Compatibility between vertion/build of Windows and VBox

Post by RustyPuma »

VirtualBox of 6.0.10 r132072 is installed on windows 10 pro version 1903 build 18362.295
extension pack and guest additions are all installed well. But
1, After openSUSE leap 15.1 is created, rcvboxdrv and VBoxManage could not be found
2, CentOS7.6 can not be created, it reports "kernel panicing ......"
3, If choosing host-only networking mode, openSUSE VMs could ping each other, but could not provide service to each other
4, after vsftp is installed in openSUSE VM and vsftpd is running, xshell6 from windows could get connected, but could ping the VM
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Compatibility between vertion/build of Windows and VBox

Post by socratis »

You're throwing a generic title, and 4 issues that seem completely unrelated with each other, and sound more like guest issues rather than host issues.

According to the The Forum Posting Guide, the rule is: One issue, one thread. Since we can't make heads or tails about this one, I'm going to lock it.

Please open a new thread for each of your problems, each thread with a title that matches the problem.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.