[WorksForMe] Can't see all of installation screen details

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Douglas Wardle

[WorksForMe] Can't see all of installation screen details

Post by Douglas Wardle »

Hi Folks, my first forum post although I've used VB for a while.

I am trying install a Linux (Pop!_OS) guest on a Win 10 host.

When I start the installation from VB and the POP iso, the full installation screen isn't displayed, specifically the right of the screen. This prevents me from pressing the necessary buttons to proceed with the installation.

I believe that there must be a video display setting but I have not solved the problem. I have tried monitor resolution settings, stretching the page, etc. I can't seem to get to those buttons.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by socratis on 18. Aug 2019, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't see all of installation screen details

Post by socratis »

The solution is rather simple... When the installer starts (which is an app, not a classic installer), go to the top-left corner where it says "Activities" » bottom of the toolbar "Show Applications" » Settings » Devices » Displays » Resolution » choose anything bigger than 800x600. You're good to go...

Nothing to do with VirtualBox... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Douglas Wardle

Post by Douglas Wardle »

Thanx much. That worked just fine. I'm thinking of getting a laptop from System76 and wanted to check out their OS first.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Great, marking as [WorksForMe] and moving to "Linux Guests" from "Windows Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.