Linux Mint 19.1 cinnamon does not work any more

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
TWaGarp
Primary OS: MS Windows other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux Mint 19.1 cinnamon 64 bit, Zorin-OS-12.2, Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop

Linux Mint 19.1 cinnamon does not work any more

Post by TWaGarp »

I am using a Windows host, (Windows 10, 1903) and I used a Linux Mint (the name of the VM reflects the Guest - linuxmint-19.1-cinnamon-64bit). For a while it worked correctly. As I does not use it very regularily, I cannot say why , but in the last few days it ends always by displaying a UEFI shell. Could somebody help me with this issue? I will also upload the log of the specific virtual machine compressed, as it is larger as the allowed size.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
linuxmint-19.1-cinnamon-64bit-2019-08-15-06-29-48.log.zip
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 cinnamon does not work any more

Post by socratis »

TWaGarp wrote:in the last few days it ends always by displaying a UEFI shell
That means "No bootable medium". Most probably your guest's virtual disk is corrupted. Unfortunately I don't know how to treat EFI troubles, most probably boot with a SystemRescueCD and see if you can find what's going on with the guest's hard drive?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.