local vpn

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
bozboz

local vpn

Post by bozboz »

Hello to all,

I have a little problem, I would like to connect with my main PC in local vpn on the Virtual Box that is running on this same PC I have windows 10 on both, but when I go to create a new incoming connection >
add a person >
create it so the new user >
I check the box by internet >
(TCP/IPv4) properties >
specify IP addresses of 168.192........ to 168.192.......... I also check (allow the calling computer to specify its own IP address) >
I click on allow access >
and it is because the problem comes it is marked: ( incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service that could not start. for more information, check the system event log .

if someone could help me, I'd be very happy.

my English is not great I use a translation software sorry
bozboz

Re: local vpn

Post by bozboz »

and I forgot in the Virtual Box settings I put in Network > Bridge Access

thanks
bozboz

Post by bozboz »

BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

That is really a networking problem, not a VirtualBox problem. If you are using bridged networking, the host and the guest behave just like two physical machines on the same LAN. If you are having problems with setting the guest to be a VPN client of the host, It is probably simply a configuration problem with VPN. How did you set up the host to act as a VPN server? How does the host connect to the Internet?
Bill
bozboz

Post by bozboz »

(How did you set up the host to act as a VPN server? I don't understand what you mean.) and the host connects with the same connection as the main PC
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The "host" is the main PC, and the "Virtual Box" from your first post is called a "guest".

VPN's tend to rule with an iron fist, and they really complicate the networks they run over.

Can you explain why you feel you need a VPN between the main PC and the guest? Maybe that's an over-complicated solution to a simple problem. There is a Virtualbox networking setup called Host-Only that provides private networking between host and guest.
bozboz

Post by bozboz »

I don't really understand what you mean.

it's for personal testing.

is it possible or not?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

It may not be possible. VPN takes strong control of a network adapter. Bridged does not always work when a VPN is running on the host PC.

Try two guests connected with NAT. Don't use "NAT network". Set each guest's network card to NAT. Each guest would act like it is behind its own router. VPNs are good for connecting PCs behind routers. Set up a VPN between the two guests.
bozboz

Post by bozboz »

I succeeded, so I don't know if it's because of the virtual box update of windows 10 or if it's because I disabled VMware in ncpa.cpl
bozboz

Post by bozboz »

now it's just that I can't connect the main PC to the virtual box that puts me: the network connection between your computer and the VPN server has been interrupted. This incident can be caused by a problem in VPN transmission and is usually caused by latency or simply when the server the VPN server has reached its maximum capacity. if the problem persists..........