How to get Mojave working on Vbox on Mac?

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
argo33

How to get Mojave working on Vbox on Mac?

Post by argo33 »

HI there. Probably a new question. I have the latest VBox installed and I just want to run a Mojave guest. I just get a bunch of white text that goes for a few minutes then it reboot, repeat, repeat, repeat. I would assume there is some kind of walkthrough if settings need to be changed to get this working. Help would be VERY appreciated. Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How to get Mojave working on Vbox on Mac?

Post by socratis »

argo33 wrote: I would assume there is some kind of walkthrough if settings need to be changed to get this working
There is one guide by 'granada29' on his website. Even though we work a lot together, I honestly haven't had the time to test it out myself (maybe this week, I keep promising him that).

Actually the page that the instructions are in, is for InstallerApp2ISO.app, a GUI wrapper for my own InstallerApp2ISO.sh. He added a lot of features on the app to make it able to install 10.14 in a VM.

BTW, moving to "OSX Guests" from "OSX Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
argo33

Post by argo33 »

Got it. Thank you very much. I appreciate it!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Let me know how it goes... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.