[Invalid] Two apps the same but different sizes in Ubuntu

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Jim722

[Invalid] Two apps the same but different sizes in Ubuntu

Post by Jim722 »

Host: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Guest: Ubuntu 18.04.2L (64bit)
VirtualBox version: 6.0.10 r 132072 (Qt5.6.2)

Hi: :)
I have two Audacity installations appearing at Ubuntu Software > installed. One is 84.1Mbytes and the other is 15.1Mbytes. The 15.1Mb I assume to be a bad install. I want to remove one of the installations, but I need to be certain that I “remove” the bad install. I am sure the correct installation is associated with the Audacity desktop icon that I use to open the correctly installed app which works fine. Is there a way to determine to which of the two installations the Icon is associated with?
Last edited by socratis on 14. Aug 2019, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Two apps the same but different sizes in Ubuntu

Post by socratis »

That's not a VirtualBox question, not at all I'm afraid, this is clearly an Ubuntu problem. Just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You're having an issue that has nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Jim722

Post by Jim722 »

Thank You. Problem is resolved.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

It could help (as a general knowledge question) if you told as what you did... ;)

Marking as [Invalid].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.