[Resolved] USB passthrough

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.

[Resolved] USB passthrough

Postby Bausager3304 » 7. Aug 2019, 13:16

Hallo. I'm an Engineering student, that recently got Linux Mint #NotAPowerUser(Yet!)
But of cause there is some specialized programs that we have to use, that isn't available on Linux.
So i decided to use VirtualBox to run a Windows 10 BUT! I seems like VirtualBox don't recognises any USBs.
I've installed the extension pack, but when I try to add an USB, nothing shows up. "No Devises Available"
Is there any permissions on VirtualBox, that I've to enable for the program to get access to read my USB devises?

I hope you guys can help me.
Last edited by socratis on 14. Aug 2019, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
Bausager3304

Re: USB passthrough

Postby scottgus1 » 7. Aug 2019, 13:48

Go carefully through USB basics and troubleshooting
If you get stuck, please post the command outputs asked for in step 8, using CODE tags to help format your post.
Human government is like that crazy uncle who hides a quarter in his fist behind his back, then asks you to guess which fist the quarter is in...
No matter which side you choose, Left or Right, both Sides are empty.
scottgus1
Volunteer

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win7

Re: USB passthrough

Postby Bausager3304 » 7. Aug 2019, 19:07

Thank you, scottgus1. Before I went through the list, I tried it, just one last time... And it worked... I don't know why, but I'm sure to bookmark the link, to further use! I'm pretty sure, one or two of my class mate are running Linux too. c: Many thanks again!
Bausager3304

Return to Windows Guests