device recognition on Mac OS Mojave

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
dd-click

device recognition on Mac OS Mojave

Post by dd-click »

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and set up with virtual box 6.0.10 an Mac OS System in version Mojave.
I already install the extension package, but have the folling problem.

I connected a old ipad with my computer and i could see the connection also on the Mac VM, but I need to connect an iphone 7. When I do this I see only a pop-up on my Windows System, but on the mac vm is nothing to see. On the virtuell box settings under devices I can see the device and click on it. After this the iphone asking for permissions, but then I can only see the device on the windows machine.

Did i miss something or do I have to make some other settings somewhere?

Thank you in advance!
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: device recognition on Mac OS Mojave

Post by andyp73 »

We will need to see the VBox.log file from the guest in question. Boot the guest, make sure the problem occurs then shut the guest down (by force if necessary). zip the log file and post it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

dd-click wrote:using Windows 10 and set up with virtual box 6.0.10 an Mac OS System
There's two ways to possibly interpret this:

Mac on the host PC and Windows 10 in the guest: If so, please provide the log Andy requested.

Windows 10 on the physical host PC, Mac in the guest: This one can't get help, see: OSX guests on non-Apple hardware
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

dd-click wrote:I need to connect an iphone 7
dd-click wrote:When I do this I see only a pop-up on my Windows System, but on the mac vm is nothing to see
iPhones have become notorious to lose their ability to connect to a VM, something to do with their USB protocol. I believe that this is a Hackintosh VM running on a Win10 host. I'll lock this and move it to the "OSX Guests" area.

@dd-click
If you're trying to us a legitimate OSX guest and not a Hackintosh, send me a PM and I'll remedy the situation. Be prepared to provide evidence in such a case.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.