[Resolved] mouse integrity broken after installing 6.0

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
gercekg

[Resolved] mouse integrity broken after installing 6.0

Post by gercekg »

helo.
i'm using windows on a macbook.
i have to use it for e signature for medicine prescriptions.
i was using very well without problem. usb e signature token is working super.
but after installing 6.0 version, after saving status and restoring again, mouse integration disables and greys out... so i can not click to activate...
i have to click host key every time to switch host and guest os es... this is really disturbing thing...

how can i solve this problem?
Last edited by socratis on 14. Aug 2019, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: mouse integrity broken after installing 6.0

Post by socratis »

gercekg wrote:i'm using windows on a macbook.
Windows as a host or as a guest? And which Windows exactly? Note that "Windows 10" is *not* an exact version. "Windows 10 1903" is better, "Window 10, 64-bit, 1903, 18362.30" is the best.
gercekg wrote:usb e signature token is working super.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
gercekg

Post by gercekg »

usb e signature token is working super.

i mean usb ports are still working properly.. this is not about my problem :) i mean only mouse integration not working...

macbook is using osx 10.14.5 mojave .. i am using windows 10 pro as guest on virtualbox...

version (as i found.. im not good at windows)
windows 10 pro 64 bit
version: 1809
os collection: 17763.615

this is screen shot: i cant send screenshot because i m new member :(

as you see integrity button is greyed out...
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

gercekg wrote:usb e signature token is working super
Again, I'm not sure what "usb e signature token" is. If English is not your first language, please ask the questions in your native language and we could use https://www.deepl.com/translator or https://translate.google.com/ to get the English translation.
gercekg wrote:i cant send screenshot because i m new member
Yes, you can, in fact you should. You should attach the image locally in your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form). Not a lot of people will go to 3rd party sites. Plus, it's more convenient if the image goes along with the message... ;)

If you include a screenshot of VirtualBox related windows, please change your Language to English, from VirtualBox Preferences » Language. Or if I'm reading the tealeaves right, VirtualBox » Tercihler... » Dil » English (yerleşik).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
gercekg

Post by gercekg »

screen shot...
https://eksiup.com/p/2k62080obv7x

as you can see mouse integration button is grayed out....

you wrote :Again, I'm not sure what "usb e signature token" is.

this is not a problem.. i wrote this to say that usb ports are working and has no problem.. usb token is a usb dongle which has e signature inside... im medical doctor and using e signature while prescribing medicines... you can forget all about this mention :)

my only problem is mouse integration disables when i sleep and wake up virtual machine...

thank you...
Attachments
Ekran Resmi 2019-07-26 11.05.25.png
Ekran Resmi 2019-07-26 11.05.25.png (107.86 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Does "saving status" equal "saving state"?

If so, I would not expect saving state to work with a USB dongle. Best to completely shut down and restart the VM each time.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I want to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem (i.e. save state, restart) / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down, right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
I would also like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  • Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  • ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
gercekg

Post by gercekg »

here are the files attached...

yes i m doing power off every time to use appropriate :( but it takes time while loading windows every time..
Attachments
win10.vbox.zip
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
win10-2019-07-31-00-00-22.log
(120.5 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
gercekg

Post by gercekg »

and another thing, it says like this on the integration button:

"note that the mouse integration feature requires guest additions to be installed in the guest OS"

may be i have to install this.. but how? can you help?
gercekg

Post by gercekg »

hi socratis.. i solved it.. thank you anyways i recognized the thing attached while taking you a screen shot...

as my previous message its all about the guest additions.. i did the virtual box's users manual as follows, then all solved...

thank you anyway.. and forza olympiakos.. ;)

4.2.1.1 Installing the Windows Guest Additions
Attachments
guest kopyası.jpg
guest kopyası.jpg (97.27 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going, marking as [Resolved].
gercekg wrote:and forza olympiakos
Thank you very much, but I'm PAOK myself, just tonight disqualified from Ajax... Oh well... :?