[WorksForMe] Mouse pointer is offset to top left after last update

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
joseph85750

[WorksForMe] Mouse pointer is offset to top left after last update

Post by joseph85750 »

I have an iMac with Linux Mint 18 as a guest. Around the last update, my mouse pointer appears to be offset about 1/4" to the top left of where the pointer actually is.
I read through several posts with this issue, and modified many settings including the Mouse Integration, the mouse device itself, and even an update to grub. But none of these changed the situation.
Anyone else having this issue?
Any logs I can view?

Virtual Box version: 6.0.10 r132072 (Qt5.6.3)

Thanks!
Last edited by socratis on 21. Jul 2019, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse pointer is offset to top left after last update

Post by socratis »

joseph85750 wrote:Around the last update
Last update of what? OSX? VirtualBox? Mint?
joseph85750 wrote:Anyone else having this issue?
Not really...
joseph85750 wrote:Any logs I can view?
We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
joseph85750

Post by joseph85750 »

Thanks for the quick reply!
Actually, one thing I forgot to do last update (of VirtualBox) was install the Guest Additions. Upon doing this a few minutes ago, the problem disappeared.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
JS
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

joseph85750 wrote:Upon doing this a few minutes ago, the problem disappeared.
Glad you got it going. Marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.