centOS iso boot and freezes, ryzen virtualization on

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
viniwand

centOS iso boot and freezes, ryzen virtualization on

Post by viniwand »

Host: Win 10
CPU: Ryzen 2600
Hyper-V: on

Problem: I cant run the centOS .iso it freezes on first screen. My BIOS settings for virtualization is enabled and windows Hyper-V is on, I tried turning it off and reboot, but no success.

Log:
Attachments
centOS-2019-07-17-17-43-42.log
(69.71 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: centOS iso boot and freezes, ryzen virtualization on

Post by socratis »

00:00:08.644992 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: AMD-V is not available
00:00:06.138105 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
It seems that you have Hyper-V enabled. You can tell if this is true from the status bar where the "slow" icon (Image) shows. Look at the topic "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests" for some Hyper-V enablers that we're aware of so far.

If VirtualBox is running without Hyper-V enabled, where proper, hardware virtualization is actually available, then the standard virtualization icon (Image) would show.

Now, in theory, VirtualBox could work with Hyper-V enabled. But, just as the developers noted, this might work. We commoners don't know what makes it "sing" or not, still trying to "read the tea leaves"...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.