Ubuntu stuck on bootscreen loading forever

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Yukon

Ubuntu stuck on bootscreen loading forever

Post by Yukon »

It usually works just fine, I use snapshots a lot, but when I need to reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen with the dots animation and purple background. I'm kinda new to this so it might be a simple error.

Tried with both 3D acceleration on/off, enabling/disabling PAE/NX, Paravirtualization Interface is set to default, added 1/2 processors. Commands like Esc or ctrl+alt+f1/f2 don't seem to do anything either. Logs attached.

Anyone have any idea why it does that? Thanks in advance
Attachments
VBox.log
(98.24 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Ubuntu stuck on bootscreen loading forever

Post by socratis »

Your log starts with a "resume" from a saved state and ends half-way, while the VM is still running. We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Yukon

Re: Ubuntu stuck on bootscreen loading forever

Post by Yukon »

Sorry about that! Here it is, started the machine, waited a while then closed it and picked up the logs
Attachments
VBox.rar
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 25 times