Some iPhone connect, others not?

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Caipi

Some iPhone connect, others not?

Post by Caipi »

Hello Community :),

so I set up an MAC OS Mojave Virtual Machine through Virtualbox on my Windows 10 Host Computer to develop some apps in IOS.
When I connect my old iPhone 4 with IOS 7 on it, the connection with USB 3.0 work brilliant, the machine catches it instant, opens iTunes and so on...

But I cant connect my iPhone 6 SE, because why? It has IOS 12.3.1 on it, but when I try to connect it, it just gets rejected inmmediatly...

Has someone an idea where I could look for solutions? (Dont answer Google it, I'e been doing this for days now) or does someone know any setting I need to adjust?

Greetings,

Caipi

PS: VirtualBox Version 6.0.8 and Extension Pack also 6.0.8
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Some iPhone connect, others not?

Post by andyp73 »

Caipi wrote:so I set up an MAC OS Mojave Virtual Machine through Virtualbox on my Windows 10 Host Computer to develop some apps in IOS.
Running a macOS guest (aka a Hackintosh) under a Windows 10 host on non-Apple hardware is not supported and is also a violation of Apple's End User License Agreement (EULA).

More details can be found at: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest. We had hoped that the sticky post at the top of ech and every forum would be enough to make the position clear.

Had you searched around the forums you would have seen that there are many similar threads all of which end up in the same state - locked and consigned to oblivion. Yours will be sent the same way the next time a site admin / mod passes by.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Some iPhone connect, others not?

Post by mpack »

What Andy told you is perfectly correct, site policy in fact, for reasons explained in the FAQ. You responded by reporting his post as "Off topic", wasting everyone's time?

Asking the moderators to take a closer look at you was a bad decision. Normally I would just lock the topic. For that extra poor behaviour you lose all sympathy I might have had, so I'm adding a 30 day ban. If you ever come back then be sure that you never try to involve us in your illegal activities again.