Stuck on Never Ending Loop with Oracle VirtualBox 6.0.8

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
suhailm

Stuck on Never Ending Loop with Oracle VirtualBox 6.0.8

Post by suhailm »

Hi,
I'm a novice with Oracle VirtualBox so please excuse my limited knowledge. Basically, I used Oracles Devlopment Day prebuilt virtualbox application and everything was working fine for the last few months, until last week when it started to get into a never ending loop with the Oracle splash page which shows up, and then the system seems to get stuck into a loop which it cannot get out of. This forces me to shut down the virtual box machine and its getting pretty annoying. I've attached the log file and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

My host machine is a Mac with Mojave as the OS.
Attachments
VBox.log
Logfile
(87.13 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Stuck on Never Ending Loop with Oracle VirtualBox 6.0.8

Post by socratis »

suhailm wrote:until last week
What happened last week?
suhailm wrote:then the system seems to get stuck into a loop which it cannot get out of
What loop are you referring to? The VM restarting/rebooting? Something else?
00:00:01.316443 VirtualBox VM 6.0.8 r130520 darwin.amd64 (May 13 2019 15:40:24) release log
00:00:11.978128 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.2.20 r125813 '5.2.20'
Obviously you can't get in the VM to update the Guest Additions (GAs), but keep in mind that they should match, you should be updating the GAs when you update VirtualBox.
00:01:02.775483 GUI: UISession::sltAdditionsChange: GA state really changed, notifying listeners
00:01:02.775630 GUI: UISession::sltAdditionsChange: GA state change event came, notifying listeners
You have a lot of these, from 00:00:24 until 00:06:28 when you took the log. Something that sounds close to what you're describing. Something that may have to do with the discrepancy between the main program and the GAs.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.