Can`t add a VBoxAddition.iso into a GNS3 VM

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Davey2k26

Can`t add a VBoxAddition.iso into a GNS3 VM

Post by Davey2k26 »

Hi,

I am trying to add VBoxAdditions into a GNS3 VM, when I do it I get a message described in the file 1 attached. It says that the machine has no optical drives.

When I try to add an optical drive another error appears which is described into the File 2 attached.

Why am I trying to install VBoxAdditions?

Well my real problem is that I need to find the full path in the GNS3 VM where the VBoxManage is store, some forums say that I need to install de VBoxAdditions in order to see the VBoxManage into the /usr/bin/ path.

Hope you can help me.

Regards.
Attachments
File 2.png
File 2.png (42.25 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
File 1.png
File 1.png (16.29 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can`t add a VBoxAddition.iso into a GNS3 VM

Post by socratis »

You posted your question in the "OSX Guests" section. Why? Do you have an OSX guest? Doesn't sound like it. In order to better understand the problem you need to submit some more information. Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.