[Solved] Problem with UUID

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Sy
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7

[Solved] Problem with UUID

Post by Sy »

I have a virtualmachine backup of Ubuntu, after upgrading to 18.04 I have had problems, problems I cannot resolve, so I thought I would go back to the backup I created before the upgrade.

The problem now is that I cannot install the backup because it has the same UUID as the problem VM, so I deleted the problem VM Ubuntu 18.04 using VirtualBox, but I still get the same error when I try to open the back of the original Ubuntu VM:

Code: Select all

Cannot register the DVD image '/Users/profilename/Ubuntu 14.04 ACS dev/C:/Users/name/Downloads/ubuntu-14.04.5-desktop-i386.iso' {56c80457-ace6-4097-bc4f-e6cd8d6989eb} because a CD/DVD image '/Users/profilename/Ubuntu 18.04 ACS dev/C:/Users/name/Downloads/ubuntu-14.04.5-desktop-i386.iso' with UUID {56c80457-ace6-4097-bc4f-e6cd8d6989eb} already exists.
How can I resolve this ?
Kind Regards,
Sy
Sy
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Re: Problem with UUID

Post by Sy »

Kind Regards,
Sy
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Solved] Problem with UUID

Post by socratis »

For those of you that don't like going to 3rd party sites, the solution is go to the Media Manager and release/remove the offending DVD.

Simple...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.