[Resolved] VirtualBox 6.0.8/Mac OS 10.14.5 - Unable to Virtualize SAS University Edition

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
curtiser

[Resolved] VirtualBox 6.0.8/Mac OS 10.14.5 - Unable to Virtualize SAS University Edition

Post by curtiser »

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.5. I also upgraded to VirtualBox Version 6.0.8 r130520 (Qt5.6.3).

I'm unable to virtualize the SAS University Edition (it has been working in all previous VirtualBox versions until now).

I get two types of errors:
Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.
where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.
and this:
The virtual machine 'SAS University Edition' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {<deleted>}
How do I fix this? Thanks.

Curtis
Last edited by socratis on 19. May 2019, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox 6.0.8/Mac OS 10.14.5 - Unable to Virtualize SAS University Edition

Post by socratis »

1. This is not an "OSX Guests" question, moving to "OSX Hosts".
  2. You didn't actually install VirtualBox, it was rejected during installation, that's why you get the rc=-1908 error.
  3. Please see https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/18645
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
curtiser

Re: VirtualBox 6.0.8/Mac OS 10.14.5 - Unable to Virtualize SAS University Edition

Post by curtiser »

Thanks. That linked article does what I need to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Thanks for reporting back, marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.