Virtualbox problem with Trusteer Rapport

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.

Re: Virtualbox problem with Trusteer Rapport

Postby zatz » 5. May 2019, 11:39

JorgeOC wrote:Is this still the only solution to the Trusteer Rapport problem (the one posted by IBM)?

If you mean the one here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88480#p427703 where you rename files, then it's probably not the only solution.

The solution that I posted later in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88480&p=448061#p429051 which is also from IBM works for me. The only issue is that you need to change the registry settings again when you install a new version of VirtualBox.
zatz

Postby JorgeOC » 5. May 2019, 21:03

Thank you very much for the observation, I don´t know how I missed it.I will try it and in case of problems I will come back. Regards
JorgeOC

Postby JorgeOC » 6. May 2019, 00:16

Sorry to say, I followed zatz instructions and still not working. I do not know what else to do. I enclose log file. Any help will be appreciated.
Regards
Attachments
VBoxHardening.rar
this is the first run after installing and following zatz's procedure
(9.65 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
JorgeOC

Postby JorgeOC » 14. May 2019, 06:28

I'm happy to say that VM is working now. I did not do anything else to fix it. Besides I do not have tu run the command "sc start vboxdrv" everytime I boot my PC. The VBoxDrv key values start remains as 3 and Type as 2. The only event was a Windows update, I would doubt it fixed it. Anyway thanks for the help.
JorgeOC

Postby allanpcat » 13. Aug 2019, 20:40

Well, a year on from Trusteer Rapport being aware of this bug, their program is still stopping the VM machine loading OS's with a 'box hardening' error. I've tried reloading the latest version of Trusteer Rapport and still the same bug. Fortunately, uninstalling Trusteer Rapport re-enables Virtualbox. I'm sick of this and will now take my chances of using online banking without Trusteer Rapport.
allanpcat

Postby scottgus1 » 13. Aug 2019, 20:54

@allanpcat, There were a couple solutions above that seem to have worked for folks.

Another alternative: run Trusteer Rapport inside a Virtualbox guest? (I don't use this software so I don't know if it would work or not.)
Human government is like that crazy uncle who hides a quarter in his fist behind his back, then asks you to guess which fist the quarter is in...
No matter which side you choose, Left or Right, both Sides are empty.
scottgus1
Volunteer

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win7

Previous

Return to VirtualBox on Windows Hosts