it's posible install software late add the guest additions?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
FTP-NMAP

it's posible install software late add the guest additions?

Post by FTP-NMAP »

Hello, i have installed in desacopled Mode (my VM no work in another configuration the guest os) one Windows vista home premium of 32bits, and a host Windows 7 home premium 64bits. Whit 2 GB of dedicated RAM in a system with 4GB. But it's install the guest additions and already not permit install more software, i not supose of it's normal or not, can you clear me this point?. Thanks.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: it's posible install software late add the guest additions?

Post by scottgus1 »

It is hard to understand your problem. Perhaps English is not your usual language? Please use your usual language and we will try to help you using a translator website.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

FTP-NMAP wrote:not permit install more software
Why is it not permitted? What's the error message? Is the error on the host or the guest?

If you're having trouble with your English, see if https://www.deepl.com/translator or https://translate.google.com/ can help you... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
FTP-NMAP

Post by FTP-NMAP »

Translate: El problema es que al instalarle las guest additions al sistema emulado, luego ya no me deja instalar mas aplicaciones. No se si será por tener que iniciar en desacoplado. Mi Host es un Windows 7 Home Premium de 64 bits y mi anfitrión un Windows Vista home premium de 32bits, inicié el modo desacoplado porque no me funcionaba el anfitrión, daba error. Gracias por la respuesta.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Google Translate wrote:The problem is that when installing the guest additions to the emulated system, then it does not let me install more applications. I do not know if it will be because I have to start decoupling. My Host is a Windows 7 Home Premium of 64 bits and my host a Windows Vista home premium of 32bits, I started the decoupled mode because the host did not work, I gave error. Thanks for the reply.
What is the exact error you get after you install Guest Additions in Vista? Please type or copy the error message exactly as it is shown on the screen.
Google Translate wrote:¿Cuál es el error exacto que recibe después de instalar Guest Additions en Vista? Escriba o copie el mensaje de error exactamente como se muestra en la pantalla.
FTP-NMAP

Post by FTP-NMAP »

Siento mucho haberos hecho pensar en este problema, lo cierto es que he pensado que podía tratar de ejecutar las instalaciones desde la consola, lo intenté y funcionó, y a partir de ahí se pudieron instalar todo el resto de programas, si es que hacía doble click en el ejecutable de utorrent y se ponía a pensar, pero no ejecutaba, por lo que rapidamente pensé que eran las guest additions. No eran. Culpa mía.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Google Translate wrote: I'm sorry I made you think about this problem, the truth is that I thought I could try to run the installations from the console, I tried and it worked, and from there they could install all the other programs, if they double clicked in the executable of utorrent and it was put to think, but it did not execute, reason why quickly I thought that they were the guest additions. They were not. My fault.
No problem. Sounds like you were trying an experiment. Always good to experiment. So your guest is running normally now?
Google Translate wrote: No hay problema. Parece que estabas intentando un experimento. Siempre es bueno experimentar. ¿Entonces tu invitado corre normalmente ahora?