AV Linux as guest

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
rva1945
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: 4.0.4

AV Linux as guest

Post by rva1945 »

Hi:

I want to use AV Linux for playing the electric guitar using Guitarix virtual amplifier and effects. So far I tried the live CD (not in a VBox) and worked ok.

1st: do I have to create the partitions prior to installing a Linux guest inside a VB?

2nd: will AVL detect the audio inputs (line in) and outputs? Or do I have to properly do the connections in Jack outside the VB?

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: AV Linux as guest

Post by socratis »

rva1945 wrote:1st: do I have to create the partitions prior to installing a Linux guest inside a VB?
What partitions are you referring to, the ones in the VM? Those are "virtual" partitions, not real ones on your host, and are all contained within the "virtual" hard drive, or VDI by default that you create when you setup a new VM.

You sound like a fairly new user to VirtualBox. Since you are expected to know some basic terms before we engage in a meaningful discussion, I would suggest to start by reading three small chapters from the User Manual: Or even better, read the whole chapter 1. First steps.
rva1945 wrote:2nd: will AVL detect the audio inputs (line in) and outputs? Or do I have to properly do the connections in Jack outside the VB?
It's easy enough for you to try it out.
It's rather impossible for everyone else that doesn't have your setup...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.