Why does VirtualBox access my microphone?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
numbers

Why does VirtualBox access my microphone?

Post by numbers »

I'm running VirtualBox 6.0.4 with Ubuntu 18.04 as the guest OS and Mac OS X 10.14 as the host, and whenever I start my virtual machine, I get a notification from a third-party app informing me that my microphone has been activated (as per its purpose). Around ten seconds later I get another notification telling me it has been deactivated. I do not have audio input available to my virtual machine, so why does it activate my microphone?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Why does VirtualBox access my microphone?

Post by socratis »

Just checking to see if everything is in place, triggers the scare-ware. Ignore it. Or move back to 10.13, you were fine there, CIA/KGB/Mosad/Stazi don't have an interest in you.

Plus, please search before posting. This has been answered more times than I'm willing to count...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.