Installation Failed after System Restore

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
pws442
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: XP Pro, W7Pro, W8Pro, W10Pro

Installation Failed after System Restore

Post by pws442 »

Just got my MBP back from Apple and did a TM restore. Everything is OK until I tried to Open a W7 VM from OS 10.14.3. I had a Kernel error, so I ran the uninstall tool and then tried to install 6.0.2 Got this message
The Installation Failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
This is the message I get when opening a VM with 6.0.4(?)
Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully. where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.
Please help!
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installation Failed after System Restore

Post by socratis »

There is a sticky post (that means at the top) titled: Installation fails on 10.13.x, 10.14.x (rc=-1908). Please read it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
pws442
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: XP Pro, W7Pro, W8Pro, W10Pro

Post by pws442 »

Thank you, very much. That prompt to Allow Oracle was there the third time!?
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. What "third time" are you referring to?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.