Tastatur WIN-Sondertaste immer im Host

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
AndyOne

Tastatur WIN-Sondertaste immer im Host

Post by AndyOne »

VB 5.2 installiert auf Win10 (=Host) mit Win7 als Gast.
Gasterweiterungen sind installiert und eingebunden.
Maus und Tastatur funktionieren in beiden Systemen, immer in dem, das zuletzt ausgewählt war.
Nur wenn man die WIN-Taste drückt (z. B. WIN+R = Ausführen oder WIN + E = Explorer), wird immer das Host-System angesprochen.
Wie kann ich die WIN-Taste auch im Gastsystem nutzen?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Tastatur WIN-Sondertaste immer im Host

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: DE: Gasterweiterungen sind installiert und eingebunden.
EN: Guest extensions are installed and integrated.
Unless there's a mistake in the translation, there are the Guest Additions (for the guests), and the Extension Pack (for the host). Please don't confuse the terminology...
[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: DE: Nur wenn man die WIN-Taste drückt (z. B. WIN+R = Ausführen oder WIN + E = Explorer), wird immer das Host-System angesprochen. Wie kann ich die WIN-Taste auch im Gastsystem nutzen?
EN: Only when the WIN key is pressed (e.g. WIN+R = Run or WIN + E = Explorer), the host system is always addressed. How can I also use the WIN key in the guest system?
The WinKey works fine on a similar setup on my Windows 3 different hosts, not sure why it's not working on yours.
  • What is your HostKey set as? The default is RightCtrl. Did you change that?
  • Are you using FullScreen or Seamless modes?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

I've installed the Guest Additions, not the Extension Pack.
On my previous WinXP-system and an older version of VB everything had worked normally.

The default is RightCtrl. Did you change that? - NO! Because of the guest additions I do not use the Host-Button.

Are you using FullScreen or Seamless modes? - I don't know. How can I check?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

[color=#105289]AndyOne[/color] wrote:On my previous WinXP-system and an older version of VB everything had worked normally.
You mean you had a WinXP Host with a different (older) VirtualBox version? Sure, why not... But since then a lot of things changed, don't expect thing to work the same, even though they seem to work in my case.
[color=#105289]AndyOne[/color] wrote:
[color=#00AA00]socratis[/color] wrote:Are you using FullScreen or Seamless modes?
I don't know. How can I check?
Well, is your VM running in a window? Compare the two following pictures from the manual:
  1. Figure 1.1 (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/image ... unning.png) from ch. 1. First Steps. The VM is clearly contained inside a host window.
  2. Figure 4.2 (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/images/seamless.png) from ch. 4.6. Seamless Windows. The two left windows (Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer) are seamlessly showing as part of the guest system next to the OSX iTunes. Also check the Windows TaskBar showing on top of the OSX dock.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

Here it looks like Figure 1.1

The guest-window itself is nearly like the total-display, a little bit smaller.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.

I would also like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
And finally your "VirtualBox.xml" file, from "C:\Users\<you>\.VirtualBox\VirtualBox.xml", note the "." before VirtualBox.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

Files are pending.
The LOG I took 2x, once the leftmost VBox.log and still right VBox.log.1
I was not sure which you need.
Attachments
VBox_4x.zip
(70.61 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »