Mehrere freigegebene Ordner im Gast-System

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
AndyOne

Mehrere freigegebene Ordner im Gast-System

Post by AndyOne »

Habe mir auf meinem Win10-System (Host) ein virtuelles Win7 (Gast) eingerichtet. Läuft.
Der Dateiaustausch erfolgt dabei über das Gast-Netzwerk VBOXSVR, quasi der auf dem Host freigegebene öffentliche Ordner. Im Gast heisst der (unter VBOXSVR) "\\VBOXSVR\Public".

Problem:
Mit jedem Verlassen der VM incl. Speichern wird beim nächsten Aufruf jedesmal ein weiterer "\\VBOXSVR\Public"-Freigabe-Ordner unter VBOXSVR im Netzwerk (mehr) angezeigt. Einer würde mir reichen.

Was mache ich falsch?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mehrere freigegebene Ordner im Gast-System

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: DE: Mit jedem Verlassen der VM incl. Speichern wird beim nächsten Aufruf jedesmal ein weiterer "\\VBOXSVR\Public"-Freigabe-Ordner unter VBOXSVR im Netzwerk (mehr) angezeigt.
EN: Each time you leave the VM including save, another "\\VBOXSVR\Public" release folder is displayed under VBOXSVR in the network (more) the next time you call it up.
Take a look at the Known Issues in the "Discuss the 6.0.0 release" post. You are seeing the effects of ticket #18373 Multiple copies of shared folders.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

Thank you. Obviously, other users also have this bug.
I use version 6.0.4.
What to do? Wait or install version 5?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Or don't use live saved states? That's an option too you know... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

I know, but I'm configuring the VM right now, and I have to back it up again and again. Later I can not remove the excess folders anymore.
Which version of VirtualBox can you recommend to me?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

AndyOne wrote:I know, but I'm configuring the VM right now, and I have to back it up again and again
And you can very well shut it down in between snapshots. And you definitely have to remember:

SNAPSHOTS ARE NOT BACKUPS!
AndyOne wrote:Which version of VirtualBox can you recommend to me?
The last of the 5.2.x series? 5.2.26 as of this writing...
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

Thanks, but if I shut down and save the state to continue later, I'll have an extra network folder the next time I open the VM.
I'm downloading 5.2.26.
If installed, I will contact you again.
AndyOne

Post by AndyOne »

5.2 is running normal. Thank you !!!