Nox android emulator in VirtualBox. Problems with graphics.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
lateua

Nox android emulator in VirtualBox. Problems with graphics.

Post by lateua »

del
Last edited by lateua on 23. Feb 2019, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Nox android emulator in VirtualBox. Problems with graphics.

Post by socratis »

lateua wrote:I need Nox working in VirtualBox
You'll need to explain that part a little bit better. NoxPlayer is itself a virtualizer (that actually uses VirtualBox as its engine), so what do you mean by "Nox working in VirtualBox"?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lateua

Post by lateua »

del
Last edited by lateua on 23. Feb 2019, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Nox is a program that relies on VirtualBox, but modifies its configuration files in unknown ways to us, and with unknown consequences. It is not supported on these VirtualBox forums/channels, they have their own [url=mailto://support_en@bignox.com]support[/url] channels. If you are having this problem with a standalone version of VirtualBox (after a complete uninstallation of Nox), then we can continue this discussion.

BTW, keep in mind that Android is not a supported guest in VirtualBox to begin with...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lateua

Post by lateua »

del
Last edited by lateua on 23. Feb 2019, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

lateua wrote:I run Nox in VirtualBox, in guest os
What you're trying to do is called "nested virtualization". It is *not* supported.
lateua wrote:Nox has no problems with graphics in the host OS. In the guest OS there are problems with graphics.
Then run it on your host, not on your guest. As I've said it's not supported in any event.
lateua wrote:I do not run Android as a guest
Nox is a virtualizer for Android. You are trying to run an Android guest inside a guest. As I said, not supported.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

User "lateua" got a vandalism warning.