Installation of VB

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
kemperhills

Installation of VB

Post by kemperhills »

My host is W7 Pro x64. I had VB 5.2.8 with Windows OS's from W95 to W10 installed. I wanted to install another VB on the computer for Linux distros and wanted to install VB 6 for Linux. But when I tried to install VB6 all it did was update VB 5.

My question is, is it possible to install two different versions of VB on the same computer. One for Windows, the other for Linux. Thanks.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Installation of VB

Post by BillG »

You seem a bit confused. The Linux version of VirtualBox will only run on a host machine running a Linux OS. You can run a Linux OS in a vm on a machine running Windows and the Windows version of VirtualBox.
Bill
kemperhills

Post by kemperhills »

BillG wrote:You seem a bit confused. The Linux version of VirtualBox will only run on a host machine running a Linux OS. You can run a Linux OS in a vm on a machine running Windows and the Windows version of VirtualBox.
Thanks for the reply, but now I am really confused :) . What I asked was if two versions of VB could be installed on the same computer. One version for Windows OS's and the other for Linux Distros.

Again, I have Winows 7 Pro x64 as the host on my computer. I want to know if I can install two VB's on this Windows computer and run Windows OS's in one and Linux Distros in the other. Thanks again.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Then the answer is NO.
Bill