VirtualBox 6.0 and Linux guest mouse missing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
MSH

VirtualBox 6.0 and Linux guest mouse missing

Post by MSH »

I have an OS X 10.13.6 mac and several Linux guest which work fine... However, when I attempt to load a new one CENTOS or Ubunutu/Mint there is no mouse during the graphical install... I can tab via the key board but the install fails. I cloned a few older CENTOS 7 installs and they work fine, I just cannot get any mouse integration upon a new fresh install :(
MSH

Re: VirtualBox 6.0 and Linux guest mouse missing

Post by MSH »

And as of today with the loading of Version 6.0.4 r128413 (Qt5.6.3) there is no mouse available upon a fresh install of CENTOS 7 or any other DEB. release.. :roll:
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Can you post the names (and links) for the ISO images you are using for installation?

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
JeanR
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux(Fedora, CentOS)

Post by JeanR »

Maybe you find a solution in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90267 (I've read about getting the installation done
by choosing USB Tablet as the mouse driver instead of the PS/2 one which is selected by default for CentOS)
However as can be seen in above thread the current CentOS Kernel 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7 has an issue with said PS/2 mouse driver (even if you selected USB Tablet),
the previous kernel 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7 instead works great, so if you still have that one in your grub selection you better keep it and boot that one and set it as the default until the RedHat and CentOS guys finally deliver a fixed one..
MSH

Post by MSH »

CORRECTION ON MY PART. just CENTOS7... I rolled back to VB 5.2 all fine... I guess I'll wait for 6.0 when it is ready for prime time on CENTOS 7 to perform fresh CENTOS 7 guest installs on OS X.