Kernel crash starting MacOSX Sierra with virtualbox 5.1.38 on Ubuntu 16.04

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
danjde

Kernel crash starting MacOSX Sierra with virtualbox 5.1.38 on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by danjde »

Hi Friends!
Using Virtualbox 5.1.38-dfsg-0ubuntu1.16.04.1nI'm trying to run MacOSX Sierra.
I've configured the virtual machine as "traditional" for OSX Sierra on Linux and then executing the configuration init script:

Code: Select all

VBoxManage modifyvm "MacOsSierra" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "MacOsSierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "MacOsSierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "MacOsSierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
[...]
VBoxManage setextradata "MacOsSierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Then, running the virtual machine, it hangs on "system uptime in nanoseconds: 57967001"

I've try the same steps on a different hardware (different computer, Ubuntu 16.04 again) but with the same problem.

Could you suggest me where I'm wrong? :-)

Many thanks!
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
Boot log
(25.32 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Last edited by klaus on 23. Feb 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no secrets in posts, please
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Kernel crash starting MacOSX Sierra with virtualbox 5.1.38 on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by socratis »

danjde wrote:Could you suggest me where I'm wrong?
Sure... you don't have an Apple computer. OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

Also, consider changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this issue on these forums (all of them locked, hoping that someone will get the hint), but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.