[Solved] Umzug Parallels zu Windows 10 geht nicht

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Jani23m

[Solved] Umzug Parallels zu Windows 10 geht nicht

Post by Jani23m »

Hallo, ich muss leider mein Windows Xp von Paralles zu Windows 10 umziehen. Ich habe nun folgendes probiert, bekomme aber immer nach dem Start von XP Bluescreens:

1. Parallels Addins deinstalliert.
2. Disc2VHD im Windows XP Parallels ausgeführt und eine Sicherung vorgenommen (Ohne vhdx)
3. Die Datei in der Virtual Box eingebettet und gestartet.
4. Ich kann mit F8 das Windows Bootmenü starten und Abgesichert usw wählen. Leider steht die Box mit blinkendem Cursor und startet Windows nicht
5. XP Install CD eingebettet und versucht die Reperatur durchzuführen (Installation XP). Das geht auch, bis dann nach dem ersten Installieren der Bluescreen mit IRQlEss or Equal kommt.
6. Dann mit F8 in den Abgesicherten Modus. Der startet auch, zeigt aber an, dass Windows SETUP nicht im angesicherten Modus betrieben werden kann. Dann Neustart und Bluescreen.

7. Tests mit Fixboot und fxmbr bringen keinen Erfolg.
8. Ich habe in der Reperaturkonsole Zugriff auf alle Ordner aus der XP Installation.

Die Platte is als IDE eingehängt.

Kann mir jemand sagen, wie ich mein altes XP mit all den Installationen in Virtualbox zum laufen bekommen kann?
Last edited by socratis on 23. Dec 2018, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Umzug Parallels zu Windows 10 geht nicht

Post by mpack »

Do not mess with fixmbr etc. The only reason you would try those is if you messed up the migration, and if you messed up the migration then no simple little tool is going to fix it for you. In fact you may have done damage, so if possible you should now revert to a fresh image of the original disk.

The process for moving an XP image from another VM platform is no different than any other PC to PC migration, i.e. no easier. Read the faq: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Migrate_Windows. You can ignore the parts about imaging the old disk with DD as Disk2VHD is a superior method, provided you image the entire drive. Preparation with MergeIDE before imaging is a necessary step. You should also try toggling the "IO APIC" box in the VM settings. There is no correct value for this, it should match whatever XP was originally installed with.
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Hi Thanks for your support.

What do you mean with: "You can ignore the parts about imaging the old disk with DD as Disk2VHD is a superior method, provided you image the entire drive. Preparation with MergeIDE before imaging is a necessary step."

Does it means i have to run MergeIDE and after thet using Disk2VHD to create a new file to Import to virtual box?
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Jani23m wrote:Does it means i have to run MergeIDE and after thet using Disk2VHD to create a new file to Import to virtual box?
Yes, this step should be done before the disk is imaged. This was actually explained in the FAQ I referred to, though as mentioned you should continue using Disk2VHD rather than the cumbersome dd method suggested in the FAQ.
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Okay :( Actual Situation
Used MergeIDE. Made Disk2VHD Image. Transfered Image to Windows 10 PC and made a copy of it. Startet Virtual Box and defined a XP with this Image and IO-APIC.

Copy 1. Starting XP doesnt worked. Reinstalled XP with Original DVD Image and repair. No success. Still same Issue. Bluescreen
Copy 2. Staring XP in Safe Mode worked. XP installed some drives for IDE. Restarting. XP in Normal Mode doesnt works. NO Bluescreen but Errors in LOG File.
Starting in Safe Mode alredy works. There is a ! at VBOXHARDDISK in Windows Gerätemanager. Installed the VBoxGuestAdditions_5.2.0_RC1. No success.
Windows starts. No Bluescreen But Vbox stoped starung XP Normal Mode. Safe Mode still works

Any Ideas?

ModEdit: Partial chunk of the VBox.log that started at 00:06:26.897631, was removed]
Attachments
fehler xp.jpg
fehler xp.jpg (60.38 KiB) Viewed 4337 times
xp fehler 2.jpg
xp fehler 2.jpg (61.21 KiB) Viewed 4337 times
Last edited by socratis on 19. Dec 2018, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed partial log.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

@Jani23m
Partial logs are not that helpful I'm afraid. What you included inline didn't even contain the basics, it was after the VM started its shutdown process, effectively you included the statistics at the end of the log. Please ZIP and attach the full log.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Okay here the LOG
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(59.33 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Ich habe zwischenzeitlich auf die Version 6.0 VBox umgestellt. Was mir auffällt. die Menüleiste in der Virtuellen Umgebung die ich starte ist nicht sichtbar. Ich kann die nicht aktivieren. Weder mit Host Pos1 / Home noch in den Einstellungen unter Benutzerschnittstelle. Da sind zwar Haken drin, aber ich bekomme keine Menüleisten.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

00:00:16.637815 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.2.0 r118201 '5.2.0_RC1'
00:00:16.637860 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Interface = 0x00010004 osType = 0x00033000 (Windows XP, 32-bit)
00:00:16.637969 VMMDev: Guest Additions capability report: (0x0 -> 0x0) seamless: no, hostWindowMapping: no, graphics: no
These lines from the log show two things. One is that XP is booting up far enough to load the Guest Additions. Two is that or some reason you have ignored the Guest Additions that came bundled with 5.2.22 and have instead separately downloaded... where did you even find that?

To install the Guest Additions you need only choose the Device|Insert Guest Additions CD... menu item while the VM is running. There is no need for a separate download, and you certainly should not have selected a beta version of the GAs from the buggiest member of the 5.2.x branch!
00:00:01.804450 Installed Extension Packs:
00:00:01.804499 None installed!
I recommend that you install the extension pack (on the host).
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Thanks for your help. I found an ISO on the Oracle Website. Anyhow i will try to do to install this About Device|Insert Guest Additions CD.. BUT I do not have this Menü ITEM. If Windows XP starts, I dont see any Menü item. The User Menü is not visible and a cannot bring the up with Host POS1 or Home. Ist gone...
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

I changed the view to skalierte Ansicht and since that i cannot choose the menü :) How can i return from that mode?
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Found it...thanks with HOST C i can Change to the normal Menü view
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Hi After deinstalling 5.2 Version and installing V 6.0 the same Error Occurs…

Log and Screenshot attached
Attachments
VBox Log.zip
(100.91 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
xp fehler 2.jpg
xp fehler 2.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

And what happens if you click the "Finish" button? ("Fertig stellen")?

You seem to be still booting up in safe mode. What happens if you allow a normal boot?

Is the hard disk connected to an IDE controller?
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Harddrive IDE Controller Yes
If I click Finish and reboot in Safe Modus same Message appears. It doesnt matter if i install the guest additions or not. This message apears in both cases.
If I Boot in Normal Boot VBOX crashed and produced the log file attached earlier.