Unable to build VirtualBox OSE 2.0.2 on Windows

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
Uday

Unable to build VirtualBox OSE 2.0.2 on Windows

Post by Uday »

I am trying to build VirtualBox 2.0.2 OSE on Windows XP 32 bit following the build instructions at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Windows% ... structions However, kmk fails to compile the code saying
kmk.exe[3]: Nothing to be done for `pass_binaries'.
kmk.exe[3]: Leaving directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox/Main'
kmk.exe[3]: Entering directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox/Additions'
kmk.exe[3]: Nothing to be done for `pass_binaries'.
kmk.exe[3]: Leaving directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox/Additions'
kmk.exe[3]: Entering directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox/Frontends'
E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/kBuild/units/qt3.kmk:178: kBuild: Couldn't find the Qt3 headers and libaries...
E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/kBuild/units/qt4.kmk:162: kBuild: Couldn't find the Qt4 headers and libaries...
kmk.exe[3]: *** No rule to make target `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/tools/win.x86/qt/not-found/lib/VBoxqt-mt.lib', needed by `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualB
ox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/out/win.x86/release/obj/VirtualBox/VirtualBox3.exe'. Stop.kmk.exe[3]: Leaving directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox/Frontends'
kmk.exe[2]: *** [pass_binaries_before] Error 2
kmk.exe[2]: Leaving directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src/VBox'
kmk.exe[1]: *** [pass_binaries_before] Error 2
kmk.exe[1]: Leaving directory `E:/KACE/Work/VirtualBox/2.0.2/VirtualBox/src'
kmk: *** [pass_binaries_before] Error 2
I know it has something to do with QT, but not able to figure it out. The configure.vbs runs fine and detects the QT free libraries. I am specifying the path using --with-qt switch to the script.

After initial investigation, figured out that there are additional files qt3.kmk and qt4.kmk in 2.0.2 as opposed to 1.6.2 which gets compiled at my end with same set of prerequisites.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks in advance
Uday
tfengjun

Re: Unable to build VirtualBox OSE 2.0.2 on Windows

Post by tfengjun »

Hi, I've encountered the same problem before.
Copy D:\work\VirtualBox\VirtualBox-2.0.2\tools\win.x86\qt\v3.3.x-p8\lib\qt-mt3.lib to VBoxqt-mt.lib will solve this.

I put qt-3.3.8 in the tools\ dir.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Fengjun