Glitch in the VirtualBox Menu Bar

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
nickarus

Glitch in the VirtualBox Menu Bar

Post by nickarus »

I'm not sure what to include with this, but there is a graphical glitch on my VirtualBox installation of 16.04 Ubuntu. Can anyone offer help with this? By the way, this isn't a functional issue as I am able to actually interact with the menu bar.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.59 KiB) Viewed 673 times
nickarus

Re: Glitch in the VirtualBox Menu Bar

Post by nickarus »

Wow this forum works really slow huh. Is there a better place I can ask this without having to wait weeks?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Glitch in the VirtualBox Menu Bar

Post by socratis »

It's not that there's not enough traffic or fast responses, it's that:
  1. It's a glitch. Other people can't even see their VMs. They get priority.
  2. It's not a common glitch. I don't think I've seen just the top-left side of any guest being affected before.
  3. You can still work fine, which puts you lower in the priorities-to-answer list.
But, since it's your first visit, and I don't want you to feel left out, I need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Since you're at it, why don't you pack the "VBoxHardening.log" along the "VBox.log"? You'll find it in the same Logs directory...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.