[WorksForMe] VirtualBox 5.2.20 immer in Snapshots - Bug?! (#18111)

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
VM-F4n
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Win7 64-Bit

[WorksForMe] VirtualBox 5.2.20 immer in Snapshots - Bug?! (#18111)

Post by VM-F4n »

ModEdit; related ticket: #18111: Always in Snapshot-View - 5.2.20
Vor kurzem bin ich von VirtualBox 5.1.x auf 5.2.20 umgestiegen und habe dann einmal die Snapshot-Funktion benutzt.
Seit dem, wenn ich VirtualBox starte, sehe ich immer die Snapshots anstatt die Konfiguration der VM. :roll:
Selbst wenn ich oben auf Konfiguration klicke, dann sehe ich diese nur so lange wie ich VirtualBox offen habe.
Nach dem Schließen (von VirtualBox) und erneutem Öffnen sehe ich wieder die verflixten Snapshots anstatt die Konfiguration der VM! :evil:

Wie stelle ich das wieder als "Standard"-Ansicht um? :?:

Bug??? :shock:
Last edited by socratis on 6. Nov 2018, 19:28, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.20 immer in Snapshots - Bug?!

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote:Recently I switched from VirtualBox 5.1.x to 5.2.20 and used the snapshot function once.

Since then, when I start VirtualBox, I always see the snapshots instead of the VM configuration. Even if I click on Configuration above, I only see them as long as I have VirtualBox open. After closing VirtualBox (and reopening it) I see the darn snapshots again instead of the configuration of the VM!

How do I change this back to the "default" view?

Bug?????
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you attach a screenshot? The GUI in 5.2.x has changed...

BTW, for translation help, see https://www.deepl.com/translator (this is better in German) and https://translate.google.com/
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.20 immer in Snapshots - Bug?! (#18111)

Post by socratis »

I just noticed that you opened a ticket for this:
  1. Please do not open a ticket, unless it's confirmed in the forums. It wastes developers' time if it's not a bug (which is most probably not).
  2. Please do not characterize something in the thread Title as a bug, unless it's confirmed.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VM-F4n

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.20 immer in Snapshots - Bug?!

Post by VM-F4n »

socratis wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you attach a screenshot? The GUI in 5.2.x has changed...
A screenshot doesn't help! :roll:

Open VirtuaBox, click on any vm, go to "snapshot-overview" and create a Snapshot, than go back to "config-overview", close VirtualBox, start VirtualBox again and you don't will see the vm "config-overview" just you will see the "snapshot-overview"!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I can't reproduce the problem. What's your host and VirtualBox version?
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

Look above. VirtualBox 5.2.20
Windows 7 64-Bit on Host.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

In the toolbar, click on the down arrow in the "VM-Tools", select "Konfiguration", then select "Sicherungspunkte", then once more "Konfiguration". Shutdown VirtualBox. Wait for 1 min...

ZIP the following file and attach it: "C:\Users\<you>\.VirtualBox\VirtualBox.xml".
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

I've waitetd more than 1 minute before i've opend the .xml and "xxxxx" it, then zipped the file.

The problem is not solved!
Attachments
VirtualBox.zip
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Why would the problem be solved if you attached a ZIP file to a forum?!?! :roll:

Click-and-Drag the "Konfiguration" button to the left of the "Sicherungspunkte" one. The button that's on the left is the one that VirtualBox opens with...

PS. Do not XXX any virtual UUIDs in the future. Read my signature...
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

The problem is NOT solved with attaching the zip!
Read again! :wink:
socratis wrote:Click-and-Drag the "Konfiguration" button to the left of the "Sicherungspunkte" one. The button that's on the left is the one that VirtualBox opens with...
Thanks! 8)
This works fine. :wink:
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I told you what to do. If you did it, I want to see a picture (cropped to the area of interest, not your whole desktop) plus a new VirtualBox.xml. If you don't want to post your XML, open it in a text file and look for the following line:
<ExtraDataItem name="GUI/Toolbar/MachineTools/Order" value="Details,Snapshots"/>
If it's not exactly like that, then you simply didn't do what I told you. Simple...
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

It seems that you edited (and softened) your message while I was replying. Good...
Marking as [WorksForMe].