Oracle Connection slowness on Mojave

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
RajKaruna

Oracle Connection slowness on Mojave

Post by RajKaruna »

Dear team,
I have been using oracle db through Oracle Developer Days in MacBook with help of VitualBox.. The whole workaround worked fine on High Siera. Few days before i upgraded by MacOS to Mojave the Oracle DB connection became very slow (previously it stooks milli seconds and now its taking couple minutes).
I am using NAT port forwarding.
Is any one facing same issue or anyone have solution?
Thanks in advance.
RajKaruna

Re: Oracle Connection slowness on Mojave

Post by RajKaruna »

Dear All,
No one faced this issue except me??
It is really big issue on development :(
I have tried with all possible options.. Please help..
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

RajKaruna wrote:No one faced this issue except me??
If we take the subset of forum users who have a macOS host, reduce it to those that have upgraded to Mojave, further reduce it to those who are using Oracle DB then we will have a very small set that of users - in fact, it may possibly just be you.

Can you set up port forwarding to a different service within the guest so we can determine if it is a generic issue with NAT port forwarding on Mojave or whether it is an issue with your guest. Speaking of which, a VBox.log file from the guest might be useful incase it shows any errors or issues.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Josegilmon

Post by Josegilmon »

RajKaruna wrote:No one faced this issue except me??
I'm also facing a similar issue, although I'm not using VirtualBox. It occurs on my macbook which I have updated to Mojave more or less a week ago.
After updating, queries to Oracle DB takes between 5-10 times more to be executed!
By the moment I haven't found a solution, but I will tell if I discover something.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Josegilmon wrote:I'm also facing a similar issue, although I'm not using VirtualBox.
That's a very important clue Josegilmon and thanks for posting that!

For some reason or another, VirtualBox is the first to blame, be it a slow network connection, or (like *I* did, I'm not excluding myself) if your fans are spinning too fast! ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bess

Post by bess »

I'm having the same issue, Mojav, sqlplus connection to NAT Network with port forwarding, (Virtualbox 6). Still investigating...